Monday 17 December 2018

Initial ideas

My initial idea is to create a series of illustrations that include a famous feminist quote, the aim of these images is to empower women and recruit new feminists by making the movement relatable. At the moment there is still a lot of hatred against feminists and wrong ideas surrounding what they stand for, I want these quotes and illustrations to stand out on social media and attract attention of the right kind. The designs below are pretty self explanatory in terms of the meaning behind the illustrations, this is inline with the style of designs seen in 2018 for feminism. 


I think they key is for women not to set any limits.
Marlina Navatilsa - Tennis player


I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


"A woman shouldn't have to be modest to be respected." 


For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious - or whatever we please.
Naomi Wolf - Writer


There is no female mind. The brain is not an organ of sex. Might as well speak of a female liver.
Charlotte Perkins Gilman - Writer  (Changed to heart as a liver wouldn't be recognisable to most)


I'm a feminist. I've been a female for a long time now. It'd be stupid not to be on my own side.
Maya Angelous - Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment