Monday 17 December 2018

Development 01

For the images I want the typeface to stand out, from what I've learnt through my research and writing the way to grab peoples attention is to use uppercase lettering. This is what I am going to do, but as my essay shows all uppercase hasn't been used that much in the feminist movement since the early 20th century, in the past few decades type has been softer and often lowercase. With this in mind I am going to compromise with an uppercase type, but the shapes of the letters will be soft and playful.


I tried out a few different styles of letters to see what looked the most welcoming, and accessible to all. I didn't want to try out existing typefaces as the illustrations are to have a fun hand-made and DIY style.


This is the type I have created, I tried it out with water colours however have decided that the shapes would be better coloured in digital. This is the colour scheme I am going to move forward with, pinks and yellows are typically feminine colours and I want to use them to end the stigma that feminists can't like pink or be feminine in their style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment