Wednesday 5 April 2017

SB2 Study Task 08 - Outcomes

Poster

Following on from one of the developments of this design that used the venus continuous line in large to cover the majority of the poster with only a small tagline 'support colleagues.' I realised it wasn't quite obvious what the poster was actually trying to communicate. So I decided to brainstorm some of the things women could be doing in order to help each other with their self esteem issues rather than seeing other women as competition. I came up with:

  • support - in whatever our friends, family and each other are doing in their life.
  • compliment - a compliment from a woman usually means a lot more than one off a man, as it actually comes from knowledge and is genuine rather than having an agenda.
  • inspire - be good at what you do, be thoughtful and produce work that gives other women hope.
  • encourage - similar to support, encourage other women whenever you can you never know how much it could help someone.
  • help - whether they ask for the help or not.
  • reassure - when someone is feeling down or unimportant reassure them that everything will get better and they are capable of whatever they set their mind to.
Another crucial change I made to the design was the colour scheme - although I initially spoke about steering away from the stereotypical use of pink I later thought why not embrace it, likelihood is when people see it they will assume it is aimed towards women - which it is so why not use this to my advantage.  The block colour also emphasises the pattern more than the pastel rainbow gradient. The font I chose to use is called Cabin and is a soft sans serif that features curves and other unique features making it relevant given the context.



Flyer

Along with the poster, material that can be handed out with links to information should be available which is why I created these flyers. They ask a question in a non-aggressive way as the typeface is friendly and very readable for people of all ages in a large font. It also grabs attention and will make a lot of people ask themselves the question. 


Below are the designs mocked up to get a better idea of what they will look like in the real world.



I also decided to mock up a tote bag as it worked well for one of my earlier designs I think it works even better with this design. 







No comments:

Post a Comment