Monday 5 November 2018

Tutorial 01

I went into the tutorial with a lot of knowledge from reading around the subject I want to write about, however not many ideas for the visual response part of the brief. I have also been struggling to think of an actual question for my essay and how the argument/discussion would be structured.

We started by discussing what I had been looking at and why it interests me, we then started to look at what my actual question could be as well as thinking about the visual response. Amber said that the subject I have been looking at is really interested and would make a good history essay however has to be more design focused to enable a good and relevant response.
  • 'How is feminism represented in graphic design' - how is it communicated
  • design for print
  • adverts
  • packaging
  • semiotics, signs and symbols
  • typefaces
  • PINK
  • look at nasty gal 
  • subtle feminine design
From this I now know I have to look for some different books/journals and articles to read about how women are represented in design as well as the women in design.

No comments:

Post a Comment